City of Fort Wayne General Ordinance (G-35-12) sets forth the following guiding principles for expenditure of Legacy funds:
- The collective impact of Legacy funding should provide transformational investment and leverage additional resources.
- Candidates for investment should be projects, programs or policies that will have positive, long-term community impacts and serve as catalysts for other positive and desired change.
- Legacy Investments should:
- Be used in the long-term best interest of the community;
- Be a catalyst for private investment;
- Align with the City of Fort Wayne Comprehensive Plan and associated community plans;
- Maintain or increase property values within the City of Fort Wayne; and
- Not be used for any debt incurred by the City of Fort Wayne prior to the effective date of the Ordinance, unless funds saved by such retirement of debt would be spent on projects